Fairtrade Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate brownies on a barbecue?! It’s true! This chocolate brownie recipe from Weber is delicious cooked on a barbecue for that added smokey flavour.
Serves: 5 Prep: 1.5 hours BBQ: 4-6 minutes Method: Charcoal bake / gas bake
- 90g Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 150g butter
- 300g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 125g Fairtrade plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Fairtrade vanilla extract
- 150g Fairtrade walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 100g Fairtrade plain chocolate (roughly chopped)
- Weber Large Drip Trays (Buy Here)
- Line a large Weber® drip tray with greaseproof paper and grease lightly.
- Melt cocoa and butter in a pan (either on the barbecue or on the hob)
- Remove from the heat and add the caster sugar. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the eggs, one at a time allowing each one to be fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, chopped walnuts and remaining plain chocolate and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour thoroughly and pour into the prepared drip tray.
- With the barbecue set up for roasting method, place the tray on the cooking grate and cook for approximately 30 minutes, keeping the lid closed as much as possible. To check when the brownies are ready, insert a knife and the blade should come out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream and fresh raspberries.