Pizza with Wild Rocket and Parma Ham
This was one of the most well received recipes on the day! Thin and crispy, this pizza is authentically Italian and dangerously moreish!
Serves: 5 Prep: 1.5 hours BBQ: 4-6 minutes Method: Charcoal bake / gas bake
For the tomato sauce
- 1 tin tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the 50/50 dough:
- 300g strong white bread flour
- 300g Tipo 00 flour (Italian pasta flour)
- 1 sachet of instant dried yeast
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 375ml warm water
- 50g sun dried tomatoes
- 250g buffalo mozzarella
- Wild rocket to garnish
- 100g Parma ham
- Weber 26cm Pizza Stone (Buy Here)
- Weber 36cm Pizza Stone (Buy Here)
- Weber GBS Pizza Stone (Buy Here)
- Place all flour into a large mixing bowl, add the yeast sachet, salt and sugar. Then add the warm water and mix until all combined.
- Knead the dough for 7 minutes adding extra Tipo 00 flour if the dough is too sticky. Allow to rise in a warm room for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- With floured hands, scrape the dough from the bowl and knead roughly for a few minutes to expel excess air. Split into five equal balls and leave to prove for a further 30 minutes. (Tip: You can freeze the dough for future use if you want to).
- Set up your barbecue for grilling (direct heat), 260 degrees C and place the pizza stone on to pre-heat for 10 minutes. Spread the coals evenly across the whole grate area.
- Roll the dough into five 12″ bases, thinly spread with tomato sauce and cover with toppings. Keep the wild rocket leaves until the pizza is cooked.
- Use a floured pizza paddle to transfer pizzas to the pre-heated pizza stone. Bake for about 4 minutes or until the base is light and crispy.
- Garnish with the wild rocket.